Select Page

SDF captures Syria’s Raqqa city from ISIL: A US judge on Tuesday barred the White House from implementing yet another version of Donald Trump’s controversial executive order on immigration, hours before it was to go into full effect.

The decision by Hawaii federal judge Derrick Watson – which the White House signaled it would appeal – marks the latest blow to Trump’s long-running efforts to restrict entry of travelers from targeted countries into the United States.

Watson said the third rendition of the travel ban — covering people from six mainly Muslim countries, as well as North Korea and some officials from Venezuela — could not be justified under law.

In his decision Watson wrote the ban “suffers from precisely the same maladies as its predecessor: it lacks sufficient findings that the entry of more than 150 million nationals from six specific countries would be ‘detrimental to the interests of the United States.’”

The ruling meant the Trump administration will again be forced to ask the Supreme Court to decide whether his immigration orders are legal. The newest order was announced last month to replace an expiring 90-day temporary ban on travelers from the Muslim-majority nations of Sudan, Syria, Yemen, Iran, Somalia and Libya.

Read More…

Related News: Baghdad: Iraqi forces in full control of Kirkuk. Read More…

SDF captures Syria’s Raqqa city from ISIL: A US judge on Tuesday barred the White House from implementing yet another version of Donald Trump’s controversial executive order on immigration, hours before it was to go into full effect.The decision by Hawaii federal judge Derrick Watson – which the White House signaled it would appeal – marks the latest blow to Trump’s long-running efforts to restrict entry of travelers from targeted countries into the United States.Watson said the third rendition of the travel ban — covering people from six mainly Muslim countries, as well as North Korea and some officials from Venezuela — could not be justified under law. his decision Watson wrote the ban “suffers from precisely the same maladies as its predecessor: it lacks sufficient findings that the entry of more than 150 million nationals from six specific countries would be ‘detrimental to the interests of the United States.’”